10 months ago
AutoReq ID 135960BR
Job Title Assistant Manager - Major Projects Advisory - P3M - Corporate Finance
Country United Kingdom
Function Deal Advisory
Service Line Corporate Finance
Service Line Information You can help clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, initial public offerings (IPOs), real estate deals, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business and company valuations and fairness opinions.
Globally, KPMG's Corporate Finance practice has an industry reputation for delivering forward thinking and objective advice for our global footprint and negotiation prowess, as well as an envied track record in closing successful deals. Together, our firm's Corporate Financiers have advised on or arranged critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and governments.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Major Projects Advisory team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments or technology enabled transformation challenges in the Transport, Energy and Defence sectors.
The services we provide in relation to major capital infrastructure and technology enables projects include:
- Governance and risk management
- Reviews of programme and project controls
- Project assurance and monitoring
- Project, programme and portfolio management
- Performance and efficiency improvement
- Contract compliance and cost / commercial reviews
- Asset management
- Troubled project reviews
- Technology integration advisory.
The services provided by our team are wide ranging and require a level of entrepreneurial ability in each member of the team to determine how we can develop and tailor unique solutions for our clients in the market place.
As a Manager in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things, for:
- Managing the day-to-day relationship with relevant client contacts and ensuring our service is responsive to their needs
- Managing the delivery of work to clients within specialist areas to appropriate quality standards
- Financial management - ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis
- Ensuring compliance with KPMG's quality and risk management procedures
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with specific (technical) developments affecting your work, identifying opportunities for thought leadership and assisting with the development of a KPMG opinion in your specific technical area
- Understanding the suite of services offered by KPMG and identifying opportunities to collaborate and design unique solutions for our clients
- Business development - identifying potential opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients
- Converting opportunities for new assignments
- Assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives
- Maintaining and extending an industry specific network
- Coaching and mentoring other staff
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
- Experience working within a Consulting environment.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth experience in project, programme and portfolio management on major infrastructure projects of technology enabled transformations.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and understanding of good practice regarding project governance, risk management, change management, benefits and value management, PMO set up, reporting and stakeholder management
- Experience with monitoring of Major Infrastructure Capital Project on transformation projects.
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Good track record in building and maintaining client relationships
- Sector experience in the transport, defence or energy sectors would be an advantage
- Project or management certification or Chartered Engineer status (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
Experience in one of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Contractor and subcontractor cost review
- Business process improvement in relation to capital investment portfolios and programmes
- Major capital project advisory services such as organisational design, governance and risk management
- Performance and efficiency improvement
- Project and programme controls
- Assurance and monitoring
- Troubled project reviews
- Regulatory advisory in relation to one or more of areas covered by OFWAT, OFGEM, ORR etc
- Dispute advisory or expert witness experience
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Financial, Consulting, Law, Assistant Manager, Business Development, Finance, Technology, Legal, Management, Sales