2 months ago
Title : Assistant Manager - Expat Tax (APAC)
Requisition ID :2018-29200
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Tax & Treasury
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently recruiting, on a permanent basis, for an Assistant Manager - Expat Tax to cover the APAC region. Due to an increase in workload Wood are looking for someone to work from our Aberdeen office.
To support the Expat Tax Manager in delivery of their regional responsibilities in the Employment Tax team.
This support will include the research and provision of tax advice to the business as well as our internal stakeholders such as Global Mobility, Payroll and People & Organisation teams.
The role will be responsible for management of queries raised by the international employee population, escalating as required. The Assistant Manager - Expat Tax will be the primary point of contact for our employees. They will also be a secondary point of contact for the operational business and project teams on commercial queries from bid stage through to project start up and ongoing support.
This role will also be responsible for ensuring compliance requirements are met within Europe; both in terms of primary and secondary payrolls and home and host tax returns. This will require close working with professional advisers and internal Payroll teams as well as data gathering and analysis. Regular interaction with the Expat Tax Manager in terms of escalation and progress updates.
In addition you will liaise regularly with third party suppliers, including external tax advisers on a daily basis. They will provide support and guidance to in country payroll teams, P&O teams, GM teams. Support will also be provided to project accounting and Group Functions accounting teams on cost allocation queries related to professional adviser fees and tax / social security payment responsibilities.
You will provide support in terms of reviewing costings of mobilisations and advising on ways to maximise efficiency by tailoring employment structuring to suit the particular scenario.
* Builds rapport with advisors, assignees and business operations and assists with their queries
* Providing support where required in respect of compensation collection activities throughout their region; working closely with the Assistant Manager for Expat Tax Compliance
* Providing assistance where required with processes or information gathering activities associated with Billing and Fees for Expatriate taxes globally using external provider systems as well as internal financial systems
* Ad hoc projects as required by the Director of Employment Taxes or the Tax Managers for Expat Taxes
* Maintains consistency across the Group in application of expat tax related policies and procedures
Assists with workshops, presentations and training to the business, functions and globally mobile workforce
Skills / Qualifications
* ATT or CA qualification is required
* Someone with extensive in-house experience, but no qualifications will also be considered
* CTA qualification is desirable but not essential
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* The relevant person will have previous work experience in the field of expat taxes either from an in-house Tax Team or from a Tax Advisory Firm
* The role holder will be comfortable working on multiple projects in a high volume work environment and will be able to prioritise their time and activities
* They will work with cross border teams and individuals at all levels within Wood and must be confident communicating complex information in a clear way
* They must be comfortable taking direction from the relevant Expat Tax Manager, their line manager
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.