8 months ago
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas and Health and Education.
The services we provide in include:
- Asset Diligence & Assurance
- Balance Sheet Integrity
- Asset Operating Models
- Asset Strategy and Asset Policy
- Investment Optimisation
- Asset Information & Asset Data strategy.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities for the right candidate to join our rapidly expanding team. We are looking for a Finance or Engineering background with a strong appreciation of asset management, whole life decision making.
As an Assistant Manager in our team you will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for providing advisory services. You will be responsible, amongst other things, for:
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with relevant client contacts and ensuring our service is responsive to their needs
- Managing the delivery of work to clients within your specialist areas to appropriate quality standards
- Helping with financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard
- Helping to identify potential opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can assist clients and assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with specific (technical) developments affecting your work and developing an industry specific network both within and outside KPMG
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
Candidates must have strong experience of engineering and it is likely you will have either a degree in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical) or Finance. We are ideally looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET & IAM or equivalent.
You will also be able to demonstrate experience in asset management on infrastructure or other assets (property, health, retail, utilities). Good sector experience in one or more of the utilities would be an advantage. Asset Management certification or Chartered Engineer status would also be an advantage.
Candidates should have a good understanding of at least one of the topics below and some appreciation of the others:
- Asset life cycle management. The candidate has undertaken roles involving planning interventions to assets to maximise or extend their life.
- Capital planning: The candidate has been involved in the development phase of capital work.
- Commissioning: The candidate has brought assets into use through commissioning or systems integration.
- Renewals/Capital maintenance: The candidate has had involvement in the maintenance of multiple asset types and the development of or delivery of renewals programmes.
Candidates should also have an appreciation of the following areas:
- Asset management policy and strategy
- Assessing and managing asset management risks
- Asset management information and knowledge
- Life-cycle decision-making
- Developing asset management plans
- Managing asset lifecycle activities
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Good track record in building and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Flexibility - whilst you would be based in London, our work requires travel
Assistant Manager, Manager, Business Development, Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Management, Sales, Finance