23 days ago
Competitive + Study Support
Power & Energy
Category: Cost Jobs
Assistant Management Accountant
Salary: Competitive + Study Support
Do you want to join a multi-utility infrastructure provider that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work?
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement – “To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.”
BUUK Infrastructure are currently recruiting for a Assistant Management Accountant to support the budgeting, forecasting and business planning processes and monthly reporting cycle, and to maintain processes to deliver valuable insight and analysis on key areas of business performance. This full time, permanent position is based at our office in Woolpit.
We are looking for someone who is an early stage, studying accountant; preferably with practical experience, gained in a commercial environment. While it is not essential that you have had previous experience within this sector before, you must highly numerate, able to work quickly and accurately with high volumes of data. You will also have strong numerical skills, the ability to understand and develop existing and new analysis as well as excellent attention to detail, producing high quality and error free work. Training on our systems and the company will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work®.
Responsibilities will include -
Month End Reporting
* Support the month end process, to include:
* Support the Senior Management Accountant in the review of indirect cost of sales and overheads, for the Business areas / cost centres, maintained within the team
* Preparation and posting of journals, which comply with our internal controls - within the defined timeframe
* Support the production of monthly financial performance packs for the defined areas, to present to budget holders and other key internal stakeholders
* Attendance at monthly overhead review meetings with budget holders and key internal stakeholders
* Working within our month end timetable
* Preparation of analysis to support per project margin review and to identify and understand any issues as they arise
Budgeting, Forecasting and Business Planning
* Support the annual budgeting and business plan update process, including:
* Supporting Senior Management Accountant in the preparation of budget submissions.
* Loading of budget submissions into accounting system and reconciling, to ensure accuracy
* Preparing supporting documentation, such as waterfall graphs or trend analysis, to supplement the annual budget reporting shared with the Executive Management team
* Carrying out analysis on key areas of spend and feedback of results
* Identifying areas where additional analysis is required and investigating as appropriate
Insight & Analysis
* Support processes to deliver insight and analysis regarding key areas of business performance relating to indirect cost of sales and overheads, including:
* Monitoring KPIs, understanding any deviations from expectation to allow where required, the implementation of any remedial actions
* Monitoring financial performance against identified benchmarks (budget, forecast, prior periods), understanding and summarising variances
* Supporting business engagement to ensure maximum value from business unit/department level relationships, gathering information from the business support business initiatives
* Support monthly internal review procedures to enhance BUUK Senior Management understanding of business performance
* Supporting the Senior Management Accountant and Finance Manager – FP&A in any adhoc analysis
* Support IT teams, project teams and external consultants as required to ensure integrity, development and enhancement of financial accounting, reporting and planning systems
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops), wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service) and a social calendar with events taking place throughout the year. Our Woolpit office also has staff car parking and a subsidised restaurant available on site.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Resourcing team on--******for an informal discussion in confidence. Alternatively, you may email any questions through to -*******
Due to the current on-going Coronavirus pandemic, we understand there may be questions about working from home and our offices. BUUK and its group carefully monitor government guidelines and are proud to operate COVID secure offices.
We currently offer a mixture of office and remote working for positions where possible and are taking precautions to ensure all of our staff are safe. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss this further.
I have found a job vacancy which may be of interest to you.
A link to the vacancy will be added after this message.
The email has been sent.
I agree to the Terms and Conditions
Enter your email address and we will send you a link to reset your password.
You have already applied for this job. Please login to your account and go to the 'my applications' section to see your progress