6 months ago
Assistant Geoenvironmental Engineer / Environmental Scientist
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Reading
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
Vacancy Reference: 270
We have an immediate vacancy for an enthusiastic and dynamic Assistant Geoenvironmental Engineer/Environmental Scientist to join the established team based in our Reading office. The candidate should ideally have between 3 and 6 years post graduate experience in the geoenvironmental / land redevelopment industry. We are also looking to recruit for other locations in the UK.
Peter Brett Associates LLP(PBA) is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. We providetrusted advice to create value from land and buildings owned or operate by ourclients. Together, we create better places for the communities in whichwe work.
Peter Brett Associates LLP provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. The people at PBA are our most important asset. Creating afriendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key aim of the Partners
The successful candidate will be involved in a wide range of geo-environmental and geotechnical projects fromdue diligence, Phase 1 desk studies and Phase 2 site investigation andreporting works through to site development including remediation for a wide rangeof land development sites as part of planning, site acquisition andconstruction.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
* Phase 1 Ground Condition Assessment Reports (Contaminated land) desk studies including Tier 1 qualitative risk assessment
* Field sampling and monitoring of land gas, ground and surface waters
* Ground investigation procurement, specification,supervision,and management
* Geo-environmental data assessment, analysis and reporting including qualitative and quantitative risk assessments using commercial models including CLEA and RTM;
* Liaison with in-house and external clients on a wide variety of projects
* Specification,procurement and supervision of remedial schemes
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful individual will have a degree in either Environmental Science, Geology or Earth Sciences with modules in Geology and Maths.
The candidate will require:
* A strong understanding of Geoenvironmental principles including soil and groundwater chemistry, and hydrogeology
* At least 3 years experience in a consultancy environment
* Soil and rock logging
* Knowledge of soil and water chemistry laboratory methods and scheduling
* Knowledge and interest of contaminated land and remediation
* Computer literacy in MS Office suite and ideally Holebase, and CLEA analysis software
* Enthusiastic team player willing to undertake site as well as office based work
* Keen to learn and expand their experience
* Good communication skills are essential in order to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders. Ideally the candidate is working towards Chartership of at least one professional institution. Training forms an important part of our staff progression and candidates must be willing to take on new challenges.
The following would also be advantageous but not essential as overall experience, skills, drive and enthusiasm are more important.
* A master’s degree in contaminated land, environmental management, Geotechnics or equivalent.
* Experience of quantitive risk assessment methods/software
* Experience of Haswaste on line.
* Experience of Materials Management Plans and the CL:AIRE Waste code of Practice
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.