3 months ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the day-to-day management and delivery of projects working closely with and being supported by team members, Project Managers and Directors.
The position would suit those with a background in environmental geo-science and/or site investigation who would like to further develop their technical consultancy skills in the contaminated land sector.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, practically minded, confident and self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A typical week would include:
* Preparation of Phase 1 Preliminary Risk Assessments
* Design and supervision of ground investigation
* Groundwater, gas and vapour monitoring
* Project management of small ground investigations
* Preparation of Phase 2 Land Contamination Reports
* Remedial supervision including acting as Resident Engineer, where required.
* Preparation of Remedial Strategies and Validation Reports
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Geoscience, Physical Geography, Applied Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering
* Experience in undertaking site investigations, groundwater and ground gas monitoring, sample collection activities, supervision of contractors, and Phase 1 and Phase 2 contaminated land risk assessment and reporting
* A full UK driving licence is essential
* Understanding of prevailing contaminated land technical guidance.
* Understanding of fieldwork techniques for sample collection and monitoring.
* Understanding of different reporting requirements and styles.
* Ability to organise and analyse technical data.
* Understands the importance of prioritising safety, health and environmental issues.
* Understand HSE systems, e.g. risk assessment.
* Has commenced a route to professional membership.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.