about 1 month ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Assistant Financial Controller position supporting the Pipeline and Process Services (PPS) business within Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE)
* Key supporting role for the PPS Global Controller.
* Driver of integration policy, systems and process for the new PPS organisation.
* Partner to the Global Engineering team, budget preparation, utilization analysis, project reviews, performance analysis vs. plan, estimates and prior year.
* Ownership of Engineering review process.
* Support monthly and quarterly financial statement submission into HFM.
* Manage allocation and completion of global account reconciliation process
* Ownership of fixed assets and impairment review process
* Ownership of complex financial accounting initiatives.
* Monitoring of compliance with GE GAP policies and initiating technical accounting memos.
* Support external audit, tax and treasury reporting and compliance requirements for all legal entities and branches
* Support global business controllership – ensure that there is ownership within functions & regions, whilst identifying potential gaps and solutions.
* Drive simplification and digitization, where applicable.
* Reduce cycle times, reworks and manual activities, whilst instigating controls.
* Support business initiatives and cross functional projects.
* CAS/FMP or ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent).
* Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS as applicable to a multi-national / currency business
* Significant experience of Oracle or SAP preferred.
* Track record of meeting tight deadlines under pressure, supporting operational project management and process change
* Experience working directly with external auditors
* Creative thinker with a passion for making processes simpler and better
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
* Effective problem identification and solution skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.
* Unquestionable Integrity.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cramlington