10 months ago
Our Water team as part of our Infrastructure division is one of the largest in the UK with clients including high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses. We are currently looking for water engineers with experience in the analysis & design of solutions that will improve water infrastructure systems.
The Derby Waste Water Network team requires an Assistant Engineer to support the delivery of a wide range of clean water and urban drainage projects. It will involve the technical input into projects, including modelling, design and performance assessment of clean water and/or urban drainage systems, project management assistance and liaison with other offices and staff.
* Provide support to senior engineers and modellers as well as to industry leading experts.
* Be able to co-ordinate and attend site visits and surveys.
* Develop and use hydraulic models to investigate deficiencies and generate outline hydraulic solutions.
* Work collaboratively with other project team members.
* BSc/BEng in Engineering or BSc in Geography, or other similar relevant qualification.
* Understanding of water infrastructure hydraulic modelling and design principles;
* Good Excel knowledge;
* Good writing skills.
* Desirable Criteria
* Knowledge of AutoCAD/Bentley Microstation and/or other similar drawing computer packages;
* Use and application of databases (e.g. Access);
* Development of Visual Basic routines and macros in Excel;
* Experience with sewage pumping station, CSO and other sewer ancillary performance assessment;
* Experience with clean water pumping station and clean water network optimisation;
* Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) knowledge;
* Experience of the UK Water Industry;
* Computer literate with experience of InfoWorks CS/ICM and/or Synergi Water or other relevant modelling software;
* MapInfo or other GIS software;
* Driving Licence.
The successful individual will be looking to learn and develop technically, working towards a professional qualification with ICE or CIWEM. They will be self motivated, enthusiastic and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles. They will be knowledgeable about changes in the Water Industry and implications on design and performance criteria.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
* Ability to take Ownership;
* Clear Thinking;
* Drive to Deliver;
* Effective Communication;
* Responsible Team Membership;
* Responsible Team Leadership.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview