11 months ago
Assistant Engineer Highway Major Projects - Hatfield
The Major Projects Group is responsible for the delivery of major transport schemes, from concept through to design, procurement and construction on site. These large and complex projects require the team to work with a variety of stakeholders and funding bodies, and to navigate through the planning and legal processes required, to deliver large infrastructure projects. The team also deliver station improvement projects working with Network Rail, Train Operating Companies, bus operators and local stakeholders to improve transport interchange at train stations in the County.
Due to a high workload with our County Council client, our office in Hatfield now has an excellent opportunity for a professional who has an aspiration to become a highway designer and project manager.
* Able to produce designs, drawings, reports, correspondence, certificates and other outputs effectively and efficiently
* Simple projects/programmes are delivered successfully to time, quality and budget
* Risks and issues are foreseen and communicated to the Project Manager
Key benefits of the role include:
* Working on the County Council's most prestigious transport projects.
* Opportunity to work on projects at all stages of development and delivery.
* Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for the role you will need:
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in highways engineering.
* Good IT skills; proficient in: Windows and Microsoft Office applications; AutoCAD; Civils 3D experience would be an advantage
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring professional who is looking for their next challenge.
And you couldn't be looking to join us at a better time. Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK. We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.