about 1 year ago
Assistant Engineer – Highways
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Principal Engineer the Assistant Engineer will be required to do hands on design on Highways projects. The successful post holder will be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client’s brief.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
* Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
* Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures.
* Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval
* Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
* Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
* Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
* Work within complete understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
* Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications
* Constantly promote the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients
* Comply with IMS & BMS procedures
* HND or Degree in Civil Engineering
* Ideally working towards Chartership