2 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Deliver all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications and ensure the project requirements are fully met
What will this role involve?
* Provide support to the Engineer and Senior Engineer within the design team on various design duties, including:
* Feasibility and other technical reports
* Planning, programming and cost estimation
* Design production
* Check work of Graduate Engineer
* Produce design schedules
* Amend design drawings
* Support development of Graduate Engineers and Technicians
* Attend design and collaboration meetings.
What are we looking for?
* Degree qualification to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng through relevant engineering subject, or equivalent experience
* Design Experience
* Experience within the highways sector
* Experience of working within multi-disciplinary projects
* Use of relevant Technical Software
* CDM 2015
* Communications skills
What makes this role unique?
In a client focused role working within a new generation Design Support Contract with Highways England, you will ensure that a strong relationship with the client is developed and maintained, portfolios of projects are delivered, cost-effective, technically sound design solutions are produced to programme and within budget and ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards.