about 1 year ago
Assistant Engineer - Bridges & Civils
Main Purpose of the Job:
The candidate will be required to provide technical support and contribute to design, inspection and assessment on a range of bridge and infrastructure projects for local government, Network Rail and Transport for London.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Scheme Design involving site inspection, feasibility study, preliminary design, detail design, preparation of specification and site supervision in accordance with current best practice and design standards.
· Undertake General Inspections, Principal Inspections and Inspections for Assessment in highway and railway environment.
· Undertake assessments of highway and railway structures.
· Undertake work using Health & Safety Legislation and best practice guidance.
· Prepare and develop designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan.
· Exercise engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
· Comply with company business management system and the procedures IMS & BMS procedures
· MEng (Hons)/ BEng (Hons) / BSc Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
· Ideally working towards CEng/IEng MICE.
· 3 years’ relevant experience.
· Bridge, Design, Inspection and Assessment experience.
· Bridge Design & Assessment.
· Familiar with current design codes and standards (DMRB, EuroCodes etc).
· Report Writing.
· Ideally have previous experience of inspections of structures in railway environment.
· Ideally be PTS qualified.
· Ideally be STE 4 Competent.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE