7 months ago
Job number: BBV00417
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Engineer to join our team to work in Birmingham.
To undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress in the below disciplines.
What you'll be doing
* Carries out associated briefings and safety inspections
* The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed
* Maintain survey equipment including registers of equipment and testing regimes.
* Ability to read and evaluate information from drawings, schedules and specification
* Production of as built drawings & records for every element of the works involved in
* Completion of Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation
* Maintaining accurate records Daily Diary, photographs, records of site discussions
* Measures actual materials used and reconciles with theoretical measure
* Works to Weekly Programme drafted by others and marks up progress achieved weekly
* Contributes to collection of data for Key Performance Indicators, including reasons for difference
* Production of accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs
* Produces weekly measure and schedules materials accurately
Who we're looking for
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
* Has recent relevant rail, highways and heavy civilengineering experience
* Reads and understands drawings and schedules
* Understands Activity Control Plans and production of resultant information for handover file
* Strong understanding of construction tolerances
* Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents
* Able to produce detailed documentation for handover of completed works
* Targeting progression of professional accreditation (e.g. ICE, IHT) desired not essential
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
* 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
* More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
* 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
* 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
* Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.