9 months ago
To assist the team achieve delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time and in accordance with the requirements of the Project Quality Plans; and to ensure that all project work is undertaken in compliance with all relevant technical standards including HSEA requirements.
What makes this role unique?
You will assist with preparing technical documents and reports.
What will this role involve?
Supporting the team leader and other team members in undertaking a wide range of project delivery tasks including:
* Survey, inspection, investigation, feasibility, detailed design, report preparation and project implementation
* Outline cost estimating and management and monitoring of project budgets
* Project planning, programming, cost control and administration
* Preparation and/or checking design calculations, contract documentation, drawing production, technical documents and project reports in accordance with the project brief and in compliance with current standards
* Attend meetings with the Client and other project related organisations
* Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and compliance with Amey HSEA requirements
* Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts
* Support and supervise junior or less experienced team members
* Liaise and help maintain good working relationships with clients, customers and members of other stakeholder groups, other staff in other Amey Divisions, suppliers and sub-contractors
What are we looking for?
* Degree qualification to satisfy the current entry requirements for: CEng or IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE, or equivalent
* Part way through or recently completed the necessary training requirements for CPR or IPR or equivalent for other technical disciplines
* Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
* Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
* Basic project experience
* Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
* Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
* Proven enthusiasm to embrace and participate in career development initiatives
* Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
* Personal Track Safety AC (PTS AC)
* Personal highways safety
* IOSH working safely
* Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement.
You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.