7 months ago
United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 21-Mar-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
As a Assistant Ecologist in our Redhill Office to manage the delivery of stand-alone ecology projects or ecological input into multi-disciplinary Engineering projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Undertaking and managing ecological surveys.
• Ecological reporting and assessment.
• Providing Ecological Clerk of Works role.
• Accountable for preparing and costing ecological proposals.
• Maintaining client relationships.
• Managing and mentoring junior EIA/ecology team members.
• Instructing and managing ecological sub-consultants.
• Working and knowledge sharing with our national team of ecologists.
Should have an excellent grounding in ecological assessment and be competent to lead most of the following surveys:
• Extended Phase 1 survey
• Water vole
• Amphibians incl GCN
• Identifying bat roosts & activity surveys
• Invasive plants
Relevant Environmental degree
Obtained or close to obtaining full membership of CIEEM
Previous Consultancy experience
Holder of one or more protected species survey and/or development licences
Proven experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment (including Preliminary Environmental Assessment and EcIA)
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.