9 months ago
Assistant Design Manager - London
As an Assistant Design Manager you will be working with senior members of our team, delivering landmark projects
Our expert Project Design Management team work cohesively to ensure that projects run smoothly, coordinating multiple disciplines to meet deadlines and mitigate risk to the project.
A number of high-profile new projects has given rise to an opportunity for an Assistant Design Manager to join our effective and innovative team, based in London.
You will be working on major projects and supporting the Project Leader and Project Director to deliver an exceptional project.
What's the role?
Naturally, this will be a varied and interesting undertaking including:
* Assist in the overall coordination of an effective high-quality and integrated project design service across a range of core and specialist disciplines
* Supporting the Project Director / Project Leaders with the management of key project information - RFI schedules, client comments, correspondence logs, watchlists, technical queries, risk registers and more
* Alongside the Project Leader, prepare, monitor and respond to programmes to ensure that sufficient time is allocated for design completion and mitigate risks to the schedule in good time
* Support in the preparation and maintenance of design programmes and project execution plans
* Under guidance, monitor and maintain project finances including monitoring fee spend against planned, liaising with job leaders for updates, monitoring sub-consultant spend and managing reimbursable expenses
* Facilitate project coordination touchdown sessions between disciplines
Track and Monitor the QA procedures (design reviews carried out, environmental checklist and PDC completed,
H&S information issued) and report back to the Project Director at agreed intervals
* Record, monitor and coordinate design team actions in the delivery of multi-discipline design services
* Use 3D modelling software to track coordination of the design, flagging items for action using the project-designated tools
What do I bring?
As an experienced professional from an engineering, or architecture background, we would expect that you can demonstrate:
* A solid foundation of construction industry experience including experience of supporting a multi-disciplinary team of people as well as working on a one-to-one basis; understanding of the differing disciplines within the multi-disciplinary team
* Outstanding communication skills, comfortable conversing with senior stakeholders and interfacing with external collaborators and clients
* Proficient in communication computer and IT skills including; MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project. Some experience of using spreadsheets, databases and project scheduling software is necessary.
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Understanding of when and who to ask for assistance
* Experience and confidence in the 3D Environment (Revit, NavisWorks etc) will stand you in good stead
* Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
* Bachelor’s degree or good tertiary education, ideally working towards MAPM or professional registration with the Engineering Council UK or equivalent
Why join BuroHappold?
With an enviable reputation for innovative design solutions, BuroHappold is an exciting place to work. Offering outstanding opportunity for progression, our thriving teams collaborate closely with clients both in the UK and further afield.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.