3 months ago
Assistant Design Engineer (Electrical)
Job number: UK11539
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Engineering - Design
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Design Engineer (Electrical) to join our Regional team to work in Maxim, Scotland.
What you'll be doing
As an Assistant Design Engineer (Electrical), you will:
* Design LV electrical distribution systems with support from engineers;
* Create documents;
* Review and check manufacturer document / information for electrical compliance with project specifications;
* Develop and maintain relationships with relevant technical consultants and suppliers.
Who we're looking for
* Have a clear focus on collaboration and building relationships with other designers and project teams to deliver cost effective and acceptable design solutions;
* Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and write clearly and succinctly;
* Promote innovation and continuous improvement in design;
* Have excellent IT Skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (essential);
* Have detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material;
* Have experience in a broad range of industries such as Petrochemical, Power Generation and Nuclear.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.