7 months ago
Assistant Design and Construction Manager
Job number: UK13536
Company/Division: Balfour Beatty Investments
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South East, Brighton
About the role
Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Design and Construction Manager to join our investments team to work in Brighton.
* Provide day to day general, technical and administrative assistance to the SPV project management team during the construction phase of the project.
What you'll be doing
As an Assistant Design and Construction Manager you will:
* Comply with the Building Contractors site rules at all time;
* Undertake a general induction and introduction to the Balfour Beatty Investments business;
* Undertake specific training as requested by the PD;
* Provide general day to day assistance to the PD;
* Attend meetings as requested and take notes of same;
* Perform specific tasks in relation to collation of data and reports including photocopying and other administration duties as requested by the PD;
* Organise meetings;
* Assist in the day to day monitoring and recording of the Building Contractors activities on site;
* Provide accompanied site visits with the Independent Certifier, Funders Technical Advisor and other site visitors as requested by the PD;
* Assist the PD with the management and agreement of the sign-off of the Reviewable Design Data (RDD) including carrying out on-site inspections to check that the completed works are compliant with the signed off RDD comments;
* Monitor the Building Contractors progress on site against the contract programme;
* Undertake site inspections and raise any observations on any Health, Safety, environmental and Quality issues identified;
* Assist the PD in compiling monthly reports;
* Assist the PD in maintaining issues tracker schedules;
* Participate in the completion countdown meetings leading up to handover and maintain the countdown meeting schedules;
* Monitor the Building Contractors close-out of snagging in the lead up to hand-over and post-handover;
* Liaise with the FM Contractor on any construction related issues;
* Attend defect management meetings and chase-up progress / actions;
* Attend Client Meetings and as requested by the PD and manage the actions which flow there-from.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
* Must be numerate, literate and present a positive confident image;
* Must have excellent IT skills;
* Must have and understanding and experience of using BIM;
* Excellent presentation and inter-personal skills;
* Able to integrate with the rest of the team;
* Must be able to maintain a high degree of integrity and confidence amongst work colleagues both internal and external to BBI;
* Must be flexible and have the ability to deal with several tasks at the same time with a keen eye for detail;
* Must be good at working under pressure and striking the right balance between working on own initiative and consulting with others when problems arise;
* Must be able to complete priority tasks to a high standard on schedule;
* Good commercial awareness/control;
* Must portray a professional image and conform to the company dress code;
* Must have a good attendance and punctuality record;
* Commitment to the Balfour Beatty Group Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence & Respect;
* Commitment to the Balfour Beatty Group Zero Harm Agenda;
* Commitment to the Balfour Beatty Capital Information Security Policy.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.