about 1 year ago
Title : Assistant Consultant - Environmental Impact Assessment
Requisition ID :2018-31642
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Additional Work Location : GB-Berkshire-Reading
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to continuing success in London and the south-east, we are looking to recruit 2 Assistant Consultants to be based in either our London, Reading or Leamington Spa offices to make a significant contribution to our reputable and successful team delivering Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for a wide range of high profile major projects from a variety of sectors including nuclear, aviation, offshore wind, urban regeneration, grid connection and transport related projects.
You will join an enthusiastic and supportive team and will experience a challenging but fulfilling working environment. There are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood’s wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business.
Building on a strong academic background and experience in the fields of EIA, you will be responsible for providing support to the Environmental Assessment team in terms of delivering environmental consultancy services to a full range of clients. You will also be involved in supporting technical studies including air quality, noise and ecology.
Skills / Qualifications
You will be a proactive and enthusiastic self-starter with:
* Experience (either placement or work experience) of working in a similar position within the UK (desirable but not essential)
* An ability to communicate clearly both verbally and through written work is essential combined with a high level of computer literacy and a keen interest in environmental issues
* Experience (or an interest) in assisting in the undertaking of specialist environmental surveys (for example ecology surveys or noise and air quality monitoring)
* Aspirations in progressing to eventually fulfil a project management role in environmental consultancy
You will have some or all of the following qualifications:
* A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
* Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study)
* Full driving licence
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.