about 1 year ago
Assistant Consultant / Consultant Contaminated Land / Geoenvironmental
Requisition ID :2018-29998
Work Location :GB-Various
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Additional Work Location : GB-Berkshire-Reading
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-Berkshire-Reading | GB-London
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Contaminated Land Assistant Consultant to join and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation and ground engineering team in our London.. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect.
We have an opportunity for a graduate or a recent professional to join and contribute to one of the largest and most successful remediation and ground engineering teams in the UK/Europe. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service and technical excellence both we and our clients expect. We are involved in many key projects of regional and national significance, which we deliver alongside our core UK and global framework projects.
* Site based support of ground investigations, including supervision of sub-contractors.
* Field work including soil logging and sampling, groundwater sampling and ground gas monitoring.
* Data collation, review and interpretation.
* Preparation of factual and interpretative desk study and ground investigation reports.
* Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with procedures and processes and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
* Relevant technical degree e.g. chemistry, engineering, geology or environmental science.
* A higher degree in contaminated land, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering, or similar, is desirable.
* Understanding of the land contamination regime within the UK with regard to current and future use of a site, development planning, environmental permitting and due diligence.
* Understanding of the risk based approach to the assessment of land contamination.
* Knowledge of the requirements in planning, designing and supervising ground investigations.
* Knowledge of remediation techniques.
* Report writing including presenting complex technical information in a concise and accurate manner.
* Data handling, including experience in the use of GIS is desirable.
* Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally.
* Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of role.
* Work in collaborative project teams to achieve results by effective communication, sharing of information etc.
* Flexibility to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
* A full UK driving licence is required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.