over 2 years ago
Assistant Consultant / Consultant CAD Technician
Requisition ID :2019-60477
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a CAD Technician to join our Environment and Infrastructure engineering team, working on a variety of waste management projects in Knutsford. The successful candidate will contribute to the project engineering design input at all stages from feasibility and ‘optioneering’ through to the production of detailed designs for procurement and construction.
* Production of computer aided design drawings to clients engineering standards and specifications and ensuring design deliverables meet required standards of accuracy and quality
* Working in conjunction with Multi-disciplinary engineers - process, civil and structural, mechanical & electrical/ICA
* Supporting projects with data analysis and contributing to reports
* Preparation of simple calculations
* Supporting the administration of project
* Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
* Keeping your training log up to date and attending training/ Continued Professional Development days (CPD), where appropriate
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
* Skilled in AutoCAD (essential)
* Interest in using computers for design work, calculations, and testing designs
* Ability to produce accurate CAD drawings which meet required standards
* Exposure to Smart P&ID systems, Revit and 3D design review software (preferred but not essential)
* Good numerical/ maths skills
* Good literacy and ability to write brief reports on work undertaken
* Ability to manage own time and ability to prioritise at busy times
* Creative thought and practical application
* Interest in pursuing a career within engineering
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite
* Ability to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints
* Have a heightened awareness of personal safety and a good understanding of the CDM Regulations
* Ability to travel and visit operational and construction sites as required, to act in a safe manner, and to asset survey, inspect, and witness test E&I equipment and control system installations
* BIM knowledge or exposure
This role requires a minimum of five GCSEs grade C or above which must include English, Maths (Grade B preferred), Science and a technology related subject OR Level 2 Equivalent.
We would ideally ask that you have a B or above in GCSE Maths in order to cope with the demands of training and work, however candidates with a grade C will also be considered.
Possession of a valid UK driving licence is essential, as is a willingness to travel and work for limited periods elsewhere within the UK and on occasion, overseas.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.