26 days ago
About the role
• Deputising as the Company Secretary for Subsidiary and Joint Venture Boards.
• Providing assistance to the Corporate Services Manager in relation to statutory and other regulatory and legal requirements.
• Monitor and assist with ongoing and developing governance requirements.
Role Specific Responsibilities
• To update and maintain the statutory records of the subsidiary and joint venture companies using the Diligent Boardbooks software and paper based record keeping where such a requirement remains.
• Completion and filing of statutory filings such as but not limited to confirmation statements and payment practices reporting.
• To assist with the renewal of licensing requirements e.g. data protection, copyright licensing.
• Administer subsidiary and joint venture board meetings, including arrangements, drafting of papers, attendance & minute taking at meetings and post meeting follow-up.
• Provision of advice on governance and responding to directors’ requests for clarification in relation to corporate, project and other documentation relevant to the role.
• Attend Committee meetings of Amey plc, such as the Incident Review Group and Risk and Audit Committee, taking minutes of meetings and where necessary drafting papers and assisting with the Approvals process and covering for the Company Secretary at other Committee meetings as necessary and to maintain a record of approvals granted for reference purposes.
• Assist with the approval of annual accounts for the Amey Group and Joint Venture companies.
• Providing assistance for the bidding and commercial teams as needed.
• Assisting with document preparation and document control in relation to corporate transactions.
• Participating in ad hoc projects from time to time with the Corporate Services Manager or other members of the Corporate Services and Group Legal Teams.
What are we looking for?
* Preferably a student of the Chartered Governance Institute (aka ICSA Chartered Secretary), or comparable qualification
* Good understanding of company law and procedure and relevant legal requirements
* Preferably prior’ experience as a Company Secretarial Assistant or similar role
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people at all levels within and external to the organisation.
* Willingness to adhere to and promote the Amey Code.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a small team.
* Proficient at Microsoft packages and other IT software packages
* Knowledge of the Companies Acts and good corporate governance
* Experience of Diligent Boardbooks would be preferable but training can be provided
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.