6 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To measure and value the works to deliver contractual entitlement and to deliver the necessary activities to provide accurate cost capture.
What will this role involve?
* Support the management of subcontractors as required
* Ensure all data captured is fed back into the business to inform future bids
* Ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures on Contracts between £ 1-5m p.a.
* Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract(s) and as required by the Company
* Accountable for delivery of key commercial tasks
* Assist in the preparation of any data required to populate commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows as directed
* Produce monthly and/or weekly cost and value data to support forecasts to completion of the project(s) as directed
* Be pro-active in identifying the existence of all variations (changes) to the works in conjunction with other project team members
* Be pro-active in identifying the existence of any “claim” and “extension of time” situations in conjunction with other project team members
* Ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations
* Manage the subcontract procurement and payment process as required
What are we looking for?
* Having or be studying for a Degree qualification (RICS Accredited or equivalent) or RICS Associate
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
* Methodical style of working
* Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
* Strong commercial and financial acumen
* Some quantity surveying experience
* Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
* Team player
* Motivation and desire to succeed
* Ability to work under pressure
* Developing communication and negotiation skills
* Knowledge of contracts
* Awareness of industry issues
* Health and safety awareness
* Environmental awareness
* Tool Box talk
What makes this role unique?
You will exercise full cost control of project(s) in conjunction with the Commercial Manager as directed.