23 days ago
Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With Amey Water Consulting, you’ll work with UK Water Companies and high-profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
It’s where you feel valued and alive.
Fresh Challenge, New Opportunity
We’re big thinkers who love finding solutions to difficult problems, and we’re passionate about using our skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the AMP7 regulatory cycle and for key clients such as the Ministry of Defence and HS2.
The water sector has always been one of our core markets and because of our success in building a wide variety of water and wastewater assets, Amey Water Consulting has become a significant provider of water design services. With a growing team of over 100 water designers, working across our 9 water design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will be able to take on elements of the design under the supervision of others.
Being an experienced Assistant Civil Engineer at Amey Water Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s delivering projects on time, within budget and to the required quality, working more closely with clients, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you.
In a typical week you will:
* Undertake elements of the design under the supervision of others either on their own initiative or within multi-disciplinary project teams.
* Be able to obtain and analyse information, and report on findings.
* Produce engineering drawings and reports and undertake site surveys.
* Develop designs in accordance with the client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
* Prepare and be able to present to others engineering solutions be that drawings, reports, calculations etc.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and other relevant stakeholders
We want to hear from you if you have:
* BSc/BEng qualified with some post graduate experience. Individuals with qualifications that do not fully match the above criteria but have the relevant experience are still invited to apply
* Are computer literate and thoroughly conversant with the MS office suite with some knowledge of engineering packages such as AutoCAD
* Have good communication skills in dealing with clients and colleagues
* Employ a client focused approach to service delivery
* Have a willingness to learn
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey Water Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and childcare vouchers
Your Career at Amey
At Amey Water Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and we’ll give you the flexibility to work in a way that suits you.
You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.