11 months ago
Assistant Civil Engineer
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Leeds
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
Vacancy Reference: 348
Due to significant growth and project opportunities, we are excited to be recruiting for an Assistant Engineer for our new central Leeds office.
The role is to provide a pro-active supporting function to the existing senior level engineering staff. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the design process for a range of infrastructure for public and private sector development schemes and you will have the opportunity run your own projects. You’ll collaborate closely with our senior engineering teams as well as our expert technicians and CAD designers.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
* Support the production of Drainage/Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects
* Collaborate with the CAD and technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
* Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time
* Careful management of project time recording
* Prepare and manage technical reports
The successful candidate will have :
* A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
* Experience of Section 38, 278 and 104
* Have experience of highway design and specification
* Have experience in detailed drainage and attenuation design
* Experience of the delegation and management of technician and CAD resources
* Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
* The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential
* Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
Peter Brett Associates (PBA) is now part of Stantec, thus entering the most exciting phase in our history. We have built up our reputation through decades of success and now have made a significant step towards securing greater opportunities and growth.
Both PBA and Stantec bring teams that possess a depth of expertise, experience, and passion for community. Together, our combined strengths will be essential to meet the growing opportunities in key UK markets. As a result, we will be able to offer a broader set of services to our clients and even better career opportunities for our people. Our people are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key objective for us.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.