5 months ago
AutoReq ID 141475BR
Job Title Assistant Change Manager
Country United Kingdom
Function KPMG Business Services
Service Line ExCo and Leadership
Service Line Information
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Description Job Description
We are looking for a Change Assistant Manager, reporting into the Senior Change Managers, supporting key change projects and programmes and ultimately helping to drive effective change in the business.
- Supports the Change Lead in applying KPMG change management method (BCM), processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required
- Coordinates portal updates with Change Owners
- Manages updates to and maintains the Change Owner toolkits
- Production of material for governance meetings as required
- Helps to manage the Change Management Workstream (Communications Lead, Training Lead etc.) to ensure they are supported and all interventions support users/ those impacted to engage and adopt the change
- Supporting the integration of change management activities into project plans including solutions design, development and testing/ rehearsal/ pilot phases and migrations/ cutover into transition to BAU
- Support the change and programme team to deliver solutions to the key impacted areas/ functionality following a change impact assessment
- Help to identify, segment and analyse key stakeholders and groups to build an effective stakeholder engagement strategy and plan including approach for potential stakeholder resistance
- Work with leadership and key stakeholders to remove blockers to enable the programme team to liaise accordingly to make decisions and find solutions to issues
- Build strong working relationships with UK Learning and Internal Communications functions to effectively support the change and programme
- Inform and support communications through developing the vision/ case for change, communications materials and ensuring alignment with the project business case
- Contribute to training design and delivery to ensure users/ those impacted are able to adopt the change through production of relevant materials
- Establish and coordinate a Super User network if required to support the change, if required
- Use the Change Agent Network as required to support the change journey in different areas of the business
- Help to contribute to programme benefits realisation through defining and measuring change metrics and monitoring progress including readiness for go-live, lessons learnt post go-live
- Help to contribute to a transition to BAU plan to ensure benefits realisation is achieved beyond programme live and that communications and training materials are maintained to support user sin the long-term
- Has experience of programme or project management
- Has been involved in the production of senior executive level reports
- Has an understanding of a broad range of business functions
- Able to handle complex programme dynamics and react to changing business priorities
- Experience working in a large and politically complex organisation
- Experience of business process design / re-engineering
- Awareness of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of system implementation projects
- Experience working in a large and politically complex organisation
- Strong stakeholder skills, ability to build relationships quickly with and engage stakeholders at all levels
- Experience at producing and presenting senior executive level reports
- Understanding of organisational issues and challenge
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Adaptable and creative in approach to problem solving
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere and flex approach where needed
- Responds positively to demanding and stretching tasks and bounces back quickly from setbacks.
- Assesses a problem from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions.
- Helps to drive forward change initiatives and projects.
- Challenges assumptions and validates information.
- Is pro-active in driving forward new and creative ideas
- Deals confidently with challenges by responding with a rationale to support their argument.
- Presents well thought through solutions to client and internal matters.
- Organises and schedules own projects and teams workload to ensure effective delivery of engagement.
- Pro-actively shares client, specialist knowledge plus key learnings, successes and best practices across the function.
- Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning.
- Understands how projects and activities impact the wider business.
- Acts with integrity and upholds all KPMG's values.
- Anticipates when others need support and offers help.
- Shares experiences with others to assist their learning and understanding.
- Encourages and supports team members to undertake learning and professional development activities.
- Shows a personal commitment to ensuring the quality of own work and that of others in engagement team.
- Develops project management and advisory skills.
- Displays competence in project management to deliver high quality work on time and to budget.
- Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas, approaches and perspectives.
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Change Management, Consulting, Manager, Project Manager, Management, Technology