7 months ago
Assistant Business Support Officer - Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) Team
This is exciting opportunity to join the busy TRO team in Hertford. The team provides specialist support to the highways service at Hertfordshire County Council, ensuring that statutory processes are rigorously complied with. This includes providing advice to internal design teams and local District Councils and preparing Orders for speed limits, parking restrictions, and Notices for speed humps. The team also provides legal advice, and research and review of historic Orders.
* Support the Traffic Regulations Orders (TRO) Team with a range of administrative tasks
* Accurate data input and updating of spreadsheets
* Assist in the preparation and distribution of mailings lists
* Assist in the maintenance of data records and client archives
* Assist with responses to enquiries from members of the public
* Site visits to erect or remove site notices
* Co-ordinate the TRO Team shared email account. Allocate emails as appropriate
* With training, develop an understanding of the TRO processes and associated legislation
Key benefits of the role include:
* Competitive salary and benefits package
* Potential flexi leave
* Opportunity to develop a career in Traffic Regulation Orders within a Highways Service
To apply for the role you will need:
* A-C GCSE grades in English and Mathematics
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to demonstrate a thorough and logical approach
* To be a team player with effective time management, organisational and task completion skills
* Computer literate; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn to use local programmes and databases
You couldn't be looking to join us at a better time. Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK. We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable, with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.