3 months ago
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
The Assistant Accounting Manager will work with the Accounting Manager to manage a portfolio of European trading entities. The Assistant Accounting Manager will manage the recharges and corporate recharges process and contribute to intercompany tasks:
• Managing month end close – ensuring all general ledger activities including fixed assets, accruals, prepayments, payroll and intercompany processes are timely and accurately performed.
• Preparing monthly reporting pack with analysis and commentary under UK GAAP
• Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations.
• Managing the preparation of the statutory accounts by our outsource providers.
• Ensuring timely and accurate completion of VAT and local sales tax returns, other local government statutory and statistical reporting.
• Preparing information packs for the external audit and managing the audit process.
• Ensuring the smooth running of the intercompany recharge process.
• Completing intercompany processes.
• Documentation and monitoring of internal controls and procedures.
• Ad hoc tasks as required.
• Studying or wishing to study for accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
• Proven role related experience
• Excellent Excel and spreadsheet skills.
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials accounting package preferred but not essential.
• Strong attention to detail & highly organized.
• Experience of a large company and a multinational organisation.
• An individual with a ‘hands on’ attitude and an intellect to drill in to transactional detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to deliver to deadlines.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to prioritise and respond to multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
• Culturally sensitive and able to work across reporting lines
About PA Consulting Group
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.