4 months ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
Our Finance team in Leeds are looking for an Accounts Assistant to assist in preparing the Management Accounts in T&I/P&B SBUs. This will include carrying out all financial functions associated with the effective administration of daily operation and services of the Management Accounts Close Team with a particular focus on reporting and variance analysis.
This includes, but is not limited to, income statements, balance sheets, and budget/forecast information. To provide scheduled reports and information to agreed deadlines and SLA’s and to maintain a high level of customer service to internal and external customers as part of the Financial Services function.
A typical week would include:
* To assist in producing the management accounts and other financial information for the T&I and P&B SBUs.
* Assist in the accurate reporting of business costs and variance analysis.
* Assist in the production and review of monthly and yearend balance sheet reconciliations.
* Assist with the production of interim and year end audit packs.
* To undertake such other duties as appropriate
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Some experience of operating within a finance department and within a team.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work well in a team environment and develop relationships with external customers and internal colleagues
* Experience in assisting with record keeping and various administrative duties
* Excellent organisational skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
* Some experience of finance systems (Agresso desirable but not essential)
* Flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment
* Accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness. Understand the concept of management information and the fact that it has to be both timely and accurate.
* Strong focus on customer service
* A hard working self-starter with initiative, able to set own priorities
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.