10 months ago
Asset Management Engineer (m/f)-TWMA/UKDY00941696
ASSET MANAGEMENT ENGINEER (F/M)
NUMBER OF REFERENCE: TWMA/UKDY00941696
• DERBY, UK
• PERM POSITION/ FULL TIME
With 61 production and engineering sites and 18 service centers in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 39,400 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions.
We want you to be a part of this global and innovative team!
As part of the Maintenance Development team, the post holder will be responsible for project execution to optimize the maintenance regime of fleets under Bombardier’s responsibility.
From concept you will be able to define the scope, methodology and planning for new projects. Then working in collaboration with system engineers, depot engineers and other stakeholders you will deliver the benefits to time and budget. Projects will range in scope and time scale from one component over a month to platform projects running for several years.
• The development of maintenance optimization strategies to support: extending and optimizing planned activities, component overhaul extension programs and best practice asset management development.
• To plan and coordinate the activities required to deliver those strategies including leading customer liaison meetings, facilitating supplier involvement and VAB/ICP or equivalent reviews.
• Develop risk assessments to support extension/optimization work packages under review.
• Ensure that LCCs are optimized, equitably balanced between, cost, down time and reliability, whilst ensuring that product and operational safety is not compromised.
• Where required, supporting new build design reviews feeding back relevant maintenance experience.
Experience of maintenance and/or system engineering in rail is a requirement of the role.
You must be able to effectively communicate and influence on technical issues across disciplines, cultures, work locations, and hierarchical level.
• Engineering Degree in relevant technical area (preferred)
• Master’s Degree in relevant technical area (desirable)
• Chartered status (preferred) or working towards chartered status;
• Experience in fleet maintenance and/or systems engineering in the railway industry is a must.
• Knowledge of Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) philosophy
• Successful delivery of maintenance optimization projects is highly desirable.
• An appreciation of best practice maintenance philosophies.
• Project management and communication skills are essential.
• Experience of Maintenance Improvements, Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and carrying out engineering risk assessments.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and Word
Rail experience highly desirable.
Has an appreciation of system engineering design process.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular