10 months ago
Atkins is shaping the future of transportation and we’re looking for talented people to join us in developing and expanding our Transport Asset Management practice. You’ll join at an exciting time with asset management being a key growth theme across both our Transportation and wider businesses.
As the digital world collides with our physical environment, we're facing a wave of opportunity to use our skills in new ways. Our team is seizing this opportunity to grow and shape the industry. We are a team of asset management professionals with rich and diverse professional and personal backgrounds, and we cover all parts of asset management, including, strategic, tactical, analytics, and resilience advice. The projects we work on are varied, dynamic and stimulating, providing plenty of opportunity for new challenges and personal growth.
Asset management is one of Atkins priorities for growth, and Engineers are required at all levels to support our existing portfolio of projects and provide capacity to grow the business and support future opportunities. The people we’re seeking to employ will enjoy contributing across a borad range of consultancy projects and will thrive in a busy, innovative and challenging environment. You’ll be technically excellent, whatever your level of experience and will be equally happy presenting to a client or developing technical details back at the office.
These roles will involve working closely with our road clients in a range of projects related to asset management: from assisting in the development of the pavement works programme, providing strategic direction to clients in defining and implementing their asset management policies, to using data and analysis tools to develop other works programmes at the tactical level. Our markets are national road, local authorities, and public-private partnership organisations in the UK and overseas. The focus of the role will be in project management and project delivery, with some support activities including project bidding and business development.
We have immediate opportunities in Glasgow and Birmingham, with regular travel to other UK offices and occasional overseas travel.
Responsibilities will include:
• Leading and contributing to the delivery of projects
• Contributing and presenting at technical solution workshops for highway schemes involving both the client and other stakeholders
• Development of client asset management processes
• Developing and maintaining professional relationships with clients to secure additional or repeat business
• Developing the skills and expertise of junior staff
• Complying with and championing company processes and policies, and ensuring adherence to safety, welfare, quality and environmental requirements
• Business development and project bidding activities
We're interested in hearing from people with a degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent experience) and any of the following:
• UK knowledge and experience of working for a consultant, highway authority or contractor
• Extensive experience of highway maintenance practices including materials and techniques
• Experience in asset management IT systems
• Experience in managing and delivering projects and meeting client expectations
• Appreciating organisational drivers as well as those of individual stakeholders
• Ability to work in a client facing environment
• Project management skills
• Excellent communication skills and report writing ability
• Familiarity with the DMRB
• Familiarity with Whole Life Costing techniques
• Working knowledge of PAS55 and ISO 55000 documentation
• Experience and understanding of asset modelling
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress.
You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects, have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe. You’ll benefit from our promotion-from-within policy and you’ll enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
We are committed to equal opportunities as we know from experience that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.