about 1 month ago
Job number: UK16117
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, London, London
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an ASSET INSPECTOR to join our Highways team to work in South Mimms, Dartford or Leatherhead.
Site-based role, undertaking Asset Inventory and Defect Inspections across the M25 DBFO Network, complying with the requirements of the contract and maintaining all relevant records and paperwork in an auditable trail. Inspecting and identifying CAT 1 and CAT 2 defects onsite and reporting them into the correct work stream.
What you'll be doing
As an ASSET INSPECTOR, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Responsible for delivering the ASC Longstop on-site and video inspections
* Working within an office-based environment carrying out Highway Asset inspections on both the Motorway and APTR network
* Delivering a classification of a variety of asset-related defects, and have the ability to distinguish between Category 1 and Category 2.1 and 2.2 defects, as per the Routine Winter Service Code (RWSC) and other directives outlined by Highways England and Connect Plus Services (additional training will be provided to enhance this knowledge)
* Identification and recording of new asset inventory items
* Assist the Linear Asset Team with inspecting other network assets: e.g. Boundary Fence, Drainage, Signs, Geotechnical
* Assist the Linear Asset Team in responding to customer enquiries
* Assist the Linear Asset Team with audits of surveys carried out by Third Party Contractors
* Assisting in the maintenance of the inspection vehicles, defect reporting and rectification
* Closing out defects on the database
* Live the Connect Plus Services Values
Who we're looking for
An inspector should have a knowledge of defects across highway assets, including but not limited to: Pavement, Safety Fences, Road Studs, Road Markings, Drainage, Signage
* Knowledge and experience of highway assets including use of asset management systems
* Knowledge and experience of using Data Capture Devices
* Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications
* CSCS site labourer card desired but not essential as this can be arranged post-appointment
* Full, clean driving licence
* Strong team player and ability to build relationships with a variety of colleagues
* Good work ethic, committed and reliable
* Ability to meet deadlines by organising and planning own workload
* Good communication skills and can get point across succinctly
* Be flexible and prepared to work unsociable hours as required
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.