21 days ago
Asphalt Plant Operator for Asphalt & Contracting / Asphalt / Operations
Working at Hanson is about being part of One Team. We operate over 300 production sites in the UK, employing about 3,500 people in a wide range of roles, and our aim is to be a leading sustainable business, trusted and respected by our stakeholders for the ethics we adopt and the products we supply.
We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, one of the largest building materials manufacturers in the world, and are committed to being a fair, respectful and inclusive employer.
Our motivated employees are the key to our success and our culture is based on teamwork, strong customer focus, innovation and working safely and sustainably. We are focusing on a zero-harm workplace and our ambitious target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 15 per cent by 2030 ( we have already reduced them by 50% since 2009)
Description of Team / Department
Asphalt division - asphalt production operations
A vacancy has arisen at Keepershield Quarry for an Asphalt Plant Operative.
As a key member of a small team your contribution will focus on the safe and efficient operation of the processing equipment at this busy site.
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
The role will include routine, planned maintenance / fitting tasks and you will also be required to cover other duties such as loading shovel / weighbridge operation.
Duties will extend night shifts on rota with Saturday & occasional Sunday overtime working.
Skills / Experience
Previous experience of quarry / asphalt processing plants would be an advantage although full training will be given.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and willing to learn and be flexible in their approach as the job demands multi-skilling, as well as being able to work on their own initiative.
The skills & knowledge needed for this role include the following:
A good general education standard as there are a large amount of health and safety regulations as well as Quarry Regulations to be fully understood plus adhered to and carried out.
Certification by MPQC to operate mobile plant and a NVQ level 2 in mobile plant operations will be required & completed for this role.
Standard IT skills & a basic mechanical knowledge would be advantageous.
A current driving licence is desirable.
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* 27 days holiday
* For office and regional roles, after 6 months of joining, agile working considered subject to manager discretion
* Leading pension scheme offering with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays, and much more.
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work, voluntary Life assurance.
* Access to discounted private medical benefits
* Paid day off to Volunteer every year
* Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 55.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: Mon-Fri--******Sat--******Sun as required. Night shifts on rota