4 months ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
We are currently looking to recruit an asbestos surveyor/analyst to join our risk management services (RMS) team who specialise in hazardous materials consultancy, in the Midlands.
A typical week would include:
* Delivery of site and office-based projects in the most efficient manner to the benefit of the client and WSP RMS including effective consultancy, exceptional client care and reporting to pre-agreed deadlines. Typically projects will include management and refurbishment surveys, air monitoring and 4 stage clearance testing.
* Performing asbestos management & refurbishment / demolition surveys of different types of buildings in line with the requirements of HSG 264.
* Performing all types of air monitoring and four stage clearances in line with the requirements of HSG 248.
* Producing accurate asbestos survey and remediation reports.
We’d love to hear from you if have:
* BOHS P402-404 Proficiency Modules or RSPH equivalent
* Familiarity with the current Control of Asbestos Regulations, ACoP and associated guidance
* Demonstrable experience within UKAS accredited consultancies
* Previous experience of asbestos related activities undertaken with other accredited organisations.
* Satisfactory completion of technical audits for air monitoring, four stage clearances, management surveys up to industrial complexity and refurbishment/demolition surveys up to industrial complexity by WSP RMS internal technical auditors.
* Maintenance of satisfactory performance on the quality control scheme monitored through re-inspection for each type of survey for which the surveyor is authorised to conduct and the internal counting QC and RICE system for air monitoring
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximises the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.