3 months ago
This well established and thriving multi-disciplinary company is looking to recruit a self-motivated Asbestos Analyst / Surveyor, based in London/Sussex/Surrey and covering contracts across the South of England.
Qualifications are written into the asbestos regulations in The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and supporting Approved Code of Practice L143.
British Occupational Hygiene Society modules P403 and P404. British Occupational Hygiene Society module P402 (optional)
You should be able to demonstrate experience carrying out air-monitoring within the asbestos field. Experience of surveying would be an advantage.
* Monitoring and management of asbestos removal operations
* Carrying out asbestos smoke, background, leak reassurance, visual, 4 stage clearances and re-occupation and personal air testing
* Supervise asbestos contractors on site carrying out removal work and ensuring all work is carried out to strict guidelines and procedures
* Inspection of buildings, premises and machinery for the presence of asbestos materials as well as the assessment of identified materials and the provision of information to employers to allow them to manage the risks that the asbestos may present
* Collating and producing comprehensive reports as and when required
* Liaising with clients on a regular basis
* British Occupational Hygiene Society modules P403 and P404 or equivalent are required
* The P402 qualification would be advantageous but training may be provided if required
* A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C or above including English and Maths
* Higher level qualifications such as an HND or equivalent would be advantageous
* The successful applicant will be an all-rounder, flexible, will have a good work ethic, good attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Must submit security clearance and criminal background check requirements for work on various police and government contracts
* Must be prepared to travel.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful company that offers a competitive salary, pension and benefits package, along with many other fringe benefits.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.