7 months ago
Artificial Intelligence Developer (A.I)
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a AI Developer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Secure Communications division.
The Developer should have proven experience in designing and developing solutions using artificial intelligence and will join a new and expanding team in the Network Management Systems (NMS) group. You will have a good familiarity with and be practiced in the latest developments in A.I. and machine learning techniques as well as having a solid foundation in well established theory in this discipline.
The role will predominantly involve problem analysis, data analysis, identification, evaluation and selection of candidate techniques, and application to at least proof of concept / prototype stage with the appropriate validation. You should be comfortable with clearly, precisely and acurately documenting all analysis, design, implementation, and validation.
You should be able to analyse a problem described within a domain context, and be able to relate it to potential ML approaches that could be applied and/or combined to address the problem scenario. Throughout the development process, you should be able to communicate effectively the benefits / limitations of the selected solution(s) to people with varying levels of A.I. understanding and receptiveness to A.I..
You should have demonstratable evidence of the ability to influence, negiotiate and engage in technical discussions with key stakeholders and team members. You will be expected to contribute towards extending the awareness of the organisation including senior management of the benefits of applying A.I. in their domain and to mentor existing and new team members to share knowledge.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Ownership of design
* Working with team to select techniques, tools, frameworks, and libraries
* Solution Development to TRL 4, Testing and Documentation
* Mentoring and guiding other members of the engineering team
* Able to elicit problem definitions from domain experts and relate A.I. theory/techniques to the problem definition.
* Ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders of different levels and backgrounds
This role will involve monthly UK travel for business (with some overnight stays) and occasional trips to Europe. As such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
The following key technical skills are required:
* Degree level education (to Masters level would be preferable) in Mathematics, Computer science, Data science or a similar subject
* Ability to determine applicability of each of the existing A.I. techniques / mathematical optimisation to solve specific problems.
* Fluent in use of programming languages and development environments, e.g. Python
* Experience working with Machine Learning Frameworks preferably TensorFlow, Keras
* Agile Development Processes
The following key soft skills are required:
* Ability to self-motivate and to motivate team members
* Ability to promote innovation of new ideas and solutions in self and others
* Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to quality, cost and schedule
* Ability to follow processes but also challenge to improve processes
The following technical skills are desired:
* Cognitive science
* Software development and delivery
* UML/SysML modelling
* Experienced working in Configuration management environments