10 months ago
To support the CEFA Operations Team in the efficient and effective and cost effective provision of examination delivery resource and technical report compliance to ensure the successful delivery of the CEFA project. As a people manager, supporting and develop the Resource Managers and Examinations team, ensuring Amey processes and best practices are adhered to.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for planning, executing and finalising projects according to agreed deadlines and within budget
What will this role involve?
• Ensure that safety is always the priority, promote safe working practices, and ensure full implementation and compliance with Key Processes.
• Ensure that the appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW), Work Package Plan (WPP)/Task Briefing Sheet (TBS) documentation is adhered to at all times so that Amey responsibilities are discharged on-site at all times.
• Ensure that close calls, near misses and any other incidents are reported without hesitation and investigated comprehensively.
• Support the creation, development and enhancement of the baseline programme through the Planning Robustness process, providing accurate forecasts for resource capacity and needs in line with programme requirements.
• Ensure that the resourcing and delivery of the structures examinations is done in accordance with project requirements, updating the Programme Manager (Exams) with route progress information as required.
• Work closely with the Programme Manager(s) to ensure that work is planned to optimise the use of available resources, including safety critical requirements.
• Work closely with the Engineering Team to produce technically compliant reports and minimise rejections (A technical understanding of structures examination and STE4 competence would be desirable).
• Ensure that all reports are submitted to satisfy the requirements of the Contract KPI’s.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Network Rail Asset Engineers, in order that their technical requirements are fully understood and implemented.
• Maintain regular liaison with all key stakeholders on project progress, participating in regular reviews with the Programme Manager in order to provide timely information on lost-time and reasons for programme slippage.
• Manage the vehicles and equipment, ensuring that maintenance, inspection, repair and calibration is undertaken as required.
• Undertake a people manager role, ensuring that the Resource Managers and Examiners are highly engaged and receive the necessary support and development. Ensure PDR’s are undertaken in a timely manner to include SMART business and career development objectives
• Work with the Engineering Team to ensure that examiner competence is managed effectively, including briefing, training, mentorship and assessment
• Ensure that Trainee Examiners are given full support in order to achieve the milestones set out in the Amey Trainee Examiner Agreement
• Support the implementation of site audits, inspections and trials as appropriate
• Improve and evolve our systems, tools and processes so that we can drive efficiency and bring benefits to Amey and to Network Rail
• Support and advise the Route Manager (Exams) and the Route Commercial Manager on workbank change
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop an examination team
• Ability to identify and share best practice within the business
• Be a self-starter, able to take responsibility and work with minimum supervision
• Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
• Knowledge and understanding of the key operational processes and technical standards for delivering structural examinations on the rail infrastructure
• Proven rail industry experience in a trade, technical, safety critical or operational related role
• Experience of managing individuals and small/medium sized work teams
• ONC/Btech in Civil Engineering or Building (additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu on an individual basis).
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Computer literate with a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly excel
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
• Customer Relationship Management
• Commercial Awareness
• Knowledge of track access planning processes and systems
• Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed
• Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
• Rail safety critical competence (IWA, COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
• SMSTS / IOSH Managing Safe Work
• HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or Building
• STE 4 competent
• Be working towards, or have obtained a relevant professional qualification such as MAPM, MICE etc