5 months ago
Title : Area Project Manager
Requisition ID :2019-40814
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Birchwood
Department / Discipline : Project Management
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to support the Box Encapsulation Project for Cumbria, North West. The role will be largely based in Birchwood, Cheshire but will require frequent travel to Cumbria.
To lead and co-ordinate whole life delivery of, engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning activities for Plant Area, Packages, Disciplines and Systems; through all EPCC phases of the project, in accordance with the agreed budget, schedule and quality targets as defined in the Project Baseline Schedule (PBS) and project quality plans. To support the Project Team in the identification and control of project change.
• Ensure that safety has a high profile on the project and project safety initiatives are communicated across the team;
• Co-ordination of all delivery functions to meet the schedule and cost demands of the project;
• Ensuring all delivery disciplines are performing to meet the requirements of the Schedule;
• Control account management and reporting schedule and budget performance across all delivery disciplines and project phases;
• Ensuring that the project communicates, reviews and reports progress on all Key Project Milestones;
• Ensuring that project risks and opportunities are identified, mitigations put in place and managed;
• Managing interfaces between the delivery functions and other project disciplines;
• Ensuring that works carried out by the delivery disciplines are in accordance with the Project IMS;
• Ensuring that estimates are checked, updated and aligned with control accounts;
• Ensuring that Project Managers Instructions (PMIs) and Early Warning Notices (EWN) are manged for the delivery functions;
• Ensuring that resource levels are appropriate to deliver the project scopes across all delivery disciplines and phases;
• Responsible for internal and external stakeholder management and customer liaison.
To the Project Manager/Deputy Project Manager for:
• Co-ordination of the delivery functions;
• Monitoring and reporting the specified work scope to the agreed project baseline, for schedule, cost and quality;
• Ensuring that the works are fit for purpose and satisfy the project functional specification requirements;
• Reporting the delivery status of the project and any other relevant project issues
Skills / Qualifications
Experience of managing; engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning
phases of a multi discipline project. Previous experience of nuclear new build or
decommissioning would be an advantage.
A good engineering degree with qualifications in project management, or equivalent.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.