4 months ago
Title : Area Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-33450
Work Location :GB-Various
Department / Discipline : Construction
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to an anticipated increase in work in our UK onshore shutdown and maintenance business in 2019 and 2020, we anticipate the need for Area Engineers to support this growth.
We are therefore seeking applications from people who are looking to work in either of the following locations: North East, North West, Humberside and Central Scotland on a permanent staff basis.
TAR Planning Phase
* Provide input to the establishment of the Turnaround execution plan. To include definition on project objectives and strategies, work scope, risk management, overall work plan and schedule, commercial plan, quality and safety requirements etc., consistent with the terms of the respective Contract and Wood project execution plan mandatory contents.
* Lead work-scope constructability reviews to optimise the execution workplan and schedule.
* Lead work area SIMOP reviews to optimise the execution workplan and schedule.
* The maintaining of close contact with respective Clients key personnel throughout the project to ensure satisfactory reaction to Client’s needs or criticisms.
* The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, and quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to Wood Management and Client.
* The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
* Assist the work pack planner in ensuring work scopes are interpreted correctly.
* Support the work pack validation process.
* Working with client’s project engineering teams in the delivery of work scopes through regular preparations meeting and by facilitation where multi-discipline issues require discussion a resolution.
* The promotion of quality and safety on the project.
* Be fully conversant with Client Site Standards and Specifications.
* The close liaison with the Wood QA/QC Engineer re; offsite fabrication and supply.
* Coordinating & managing Client vendor site visits & work scopes including documentation review prior to mobilisation & permit submission.
* Attending regular site planning meetings to provide delivery status updates to the Management team
* Provide support in clients Task Based Risk Assessment process where required.
TAR Execution Phase
* Provide ownership of the ‘area’ Turnaround execution schedule.
* Commit to delivering the agreed turnaround schedule and weekly / daily lookaheads as issued by the scheduler.
* Manage multiple disciplined execution teams of Superintendents / Supervisors / Technicians and Craft operatives on a daily basis.
* Solve work delivery problems as they arise.
* Provide and demonstrate HSSE and QA Leadership within their work teams.
* Liaise with and coordinate work activities with other groups to ensure the job progresses in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Ensure progress is reported accurately and timely to the scheduler each day.
* Review and approve daily workforce allocation sheets to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
Skills / Qualifications
* Proven knowledge of HSSE legislation relating to outage events
* Understanding of the use of norms & productivity measures
* Good IT knowledge, including Excel and Word
* Knowledge of outage methodology
* Onshore, oil and gas industry experience
* Experience of interpreting client piping systems
* Ability to read process flow diagrams
* Maintenance Management System Experience
* HNC or equivalent
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.