about 1 year ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking to add computer architecture researchers in Cambridge, UK. As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, ARM provides efficient, low-power technology making electronic innovations come to life. ARM employees give to a rich ecosystem by crafting and developing CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions will enable more than one thousand ARM partners to ship over 10 billion leading-edge ARM-powered processors each year.
What will I be accountable for?
ARM Research plays a central role in identifying gaps in current technologies and in conducting world-leading research to fill those gaps. You will join a team responsible for defining a long-term architecture roadmap and delivering this through a combination of internal and external research activities. Collaborating closely with product development teams and a large network of external researchers in both industry and academia, you will have the opportunity to craft the industry at the early stages of development. As part of your role you will engage with our academic network to enable and influence creative research worldwide.
You will join a team whose architecture and systems research activities cover a wide range of disciplines including mobile and laptop personal computing platforms and applications; server, cloud, and HPC computing; emerging memory technologies; interconnects; design and analysis of security protocols; safe and fault tolerant systems; exploiting parallelism with vector, SIMD, throughput, and multicore architecture; machine learning and computer vision; robotics; and data analytics.
If you have an established track record in one or more of these areas and have validated skills of creative research with the ability to develop creative research agendas and execute projects successfully, you could be an excellent fit to join our team.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
* MS degree or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Engineering is preferred. Professional research experience in industry or academia with in-depth knowledge of worldwide research activity in computer and software disciplines
* Regular contributor at professional conferences and experience of funded programs and research consortia
* Your experience in developing, executing, and disseminating research projects involved in developing research project plans and strategies, communicating and collaborating with partners, leading team members and project resources
* Strong architecture knowledge and analysis skills including architecture and microarchitecture knowledge of CPU, GPU, or systems. Also experience in microarchitecture / system performance analysis and simulation and workload development and analysis
* Strong programming skills along with excellent problem-solving and debugging abilities with experience with software workloads, benchmarking, and bottleneck / performance analysis
* Expertise in high performance computing applications, runtimes, and libraries (MPI, PGAS, etc.); Server and cloud architecture; Network platform architecture; Machine learning, computer vision, and neural networks;
* Experience in heterogeneous computing architecture including multi-processing and parallel computing will be helpful.
You should have experience in virtualization and related memory system optimization; Coding for SIMD and / or vector optimizations; Scale-up / scale-out interconnect; Systems software (OS, runtimes, compilers) will be useful.
* Knowledge in power modelling and analysis along with code optimization for GPUs is important for this role.
* Expertise in programmable hardware accelerators; Graph and data analytics; Algorithms for engineering or science workloads and for emerging robotics and bioinformatics applications is desired.
* This role requires you to have excellent networking, communication and negotiation skills in order to work with teams.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps