7 months ago
Job number: UK14495
Company/Division: Balfour Beatty Investments
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, East Midlands, Kettering
About the role
Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Technician to join our investments team to work in Kettering.
Production of design and working drawings for core range and site specific house types, standard details, external works information, general site information.
What you'll be doing
As an Architectural Technician, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Production of design and working drawings for core range and site specific housetypes
* Production of standard details and external works information
* Liaison with external consultants and planning & building control authorities to obtain cost efficient and quick planning & building regulation solutions
* Liaison with external consultants in the production of specialist design information
* Liaison with external architects in the production of site specific housetypes and external works information
* Ensuring that site specific housetypes are compliant with site specific regulatory and planning requirements
* Ensure duties are carried out in line with company standards relating to Quality, Healthy & Safety and Sustainability issues
* Big picture focus working to key dates to ensure effective site starts
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
Who we're looking for
Ideally a qualified architectural technician / technologist with house building product and layout experience.
* New build residential development (housing and apartments)
* Product & layout design
* Value engineering
* Regulatory compliance
Ideally experience of a similar role within a plc volume house builder.
Software competence specifically in Autocad but also including MS Word, and Excel.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.