4 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Architectural Consultant to join the Midlands Design team working on a wide range of projects within the Planning, Transport and Design Group of our Environment and Infrastructure Solutions business. Working within a nationwide multi-disciplinary team, we provide specialist design consultancy services to local government, defence estates, the energy and waste sectors and private developers. Our work ranges from strategic masterplanning of green and brownfield sites, including city centre regeneration, to individual building design projects encompassing residential, commercial, retail, leisure, industrial, transport and education
* Responsible for supporting the architectural team in the production of drawings, graphics and documents
* Work will need to be produced to deadlines and quality standards defined by the design task manager
* Training will be provided in the particular requirements of the different design disciplines
* The role requires an ability to contribute and communicate design ideas and solutions, a sound knowledge of building design principles, and the ability to interpret building regulations with guidance from more senior staff
* The role will require task and project management skills, good time management and the ability to work competently and accurately under pressure
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to at least degree level (or equivalent) in architecture or a directly related architectural design discipline
* Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate experience of working in UK architectural practice and will have at least two years of relevant experience
* Competency in AutoCAD is required, and experience of Revit, including BIM systems and protocols, would be an advantage
* A working knowledge of Photoshop, Sketch-Up and MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint would be useful
* Due to the sensitive nature of some of our projects, successful applicants will be required to undertake a basic security check prior to appointment
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.