about 1 year ago
Stantec has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Assistant to join our team on a fixed term contract.
Based in our London office and working with our team in Calgary, the successful candidate will work remotely on a 135,000 sq. ft. cancer centre in Calgary.
The role will produce vital information for this defining project. Therefore, the successful candidate must possess a good level of technical competency in building design.
Key deliverables and accountabilities include:
- Be passionate about quality in architectural design.
- Prepare concept designs using Revit.
- Produce technical construction detail drawings.
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues and have full regard for health and safety requirements.
- Support bids and competition work.
- Use strong communication skills to work within a truly global team
- Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to develop their experience within Architecture.
To be successful in this role, you will require the following;
- Proven experience with Revit
- Talented Pt II qualified Architectural Assistant working towards professional status with a relevant institution i.e. RIBA.
- Practical, ‘hands-on’ and up-to-date experience in Architectural design.
- Be inventive and imaginative in building design and master planning.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player, keen to develop with our growing organisation.
- Ability to work well in a global team and independently.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at MWH, now part of Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
For additional information on the Stantec transition, click here
To learn more about job opportunities at Stantec, visit Stantec Careers
MWH, now part of Stantec…we’re looking for opportunities.