about 1 year ago
Our Amey Apprenticeship Programme provides all of the skills, experience and support required to kick start your career, or to branch out in a new direction! From the beginning of your programme you’ll have full exposure to all elements of your chosen role, giving you the best opportunity to learn from experience. Whilst working, you’ll undertake a nationally recognised qualification; providing the theoretical background to your work.
Streets Ahead is a huge city-wide highways maintenance contract that is upgrading and then maintaining the condition of the city’s roads, pavements, street lights, bridges and other items on or around our streets. It's the largest highway investment contract ever seen in Sheffield, worth £2bn.
What will this role involve?
The role will involve learning the skills and trades necessary to safely carry out the required duties, through a combination of formal training and practical experience. Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect members of the public.
Specific duties may include:
• Learn the correct and safe manner in which to carry out Hand Sweeping
• Removal of Small Weeds
• Litter picking
• Removal of Fly Posters and Stickers from Highway Assets
• Manual graffiti removal
• Empty Litter Bins
• Respond to enquiries from members of the General Public
• Represent Amey on Community Events and Community Days.
What are we looking for?
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.
You’ll also have:
• Ideally 2 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A*- C (9 to 4) in Maths and English.
• Minimum age requirement for the role is 18
• A UK driving licence would be advantageous
• Ability to undertake a physical role as described, working outdoors in all weathers.
• Organisational skills and time management skills to coordinate both the practical work and study elements of the programme
• Commitment to studying towards a nationally recognised qualification
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Good Communication Skills
• A willingness to learn and keen to progress
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks
• An awareness of Health and Safety risks
• Basic IT skills
This role is offered on a 2 year fixed term contract.
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme. We’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance, from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with. Your starting salary will be competitive to the National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage, and you may be eligible to receive performance related pay increases whilst on the programme. If all of this wasn’t enough, if eligible, you’ll have the opportunity to complete your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award. We as a business will support you every step of the way; we even have a dedicated HR Manager to guide you through and mentor your progress!
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 15th November 2018