12 months ago
Job Type: Full time
Location:Based At Plant Department Small Dole and Mobile to all Mackley Sites
Reporting to: Workshop Foreman
The Apprentice Plant Mechanic will be required to develop in competence in the maintenance and repair of all mechanical aspects of construction plant, tools and ancillary equipment. They will learn to carry out the safe and cost-effective repair and maintenance of all company plant, vehicles and equipment, without harm to people, the environment and targeting zero defects.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Work to and within the Mackley Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* College Work/Study , working towards the relevant NVQ qualification and other pertinent certification in Plant Maintenance, whilst acquiring new skills in the workplace through on the job training.
* Develop competence in the preventative and routine maintenance of company equipment, in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations. Learn to Trouble shoot and fault find any defects on plant and tools and carry out repairs as necessary.
* Learning to Assemble/dismantle/check/repair and modify mechanical plant, tools and equipment and to ensure compliance with the relevant standards and specifications.
* Attend any additional training in other disciplines to further develop and complement a full skills set required for the role.
* Work with the Workshop Foreman and other workshop staff in promoting a safe environmental and quality culture, this will include preparing service records and engineers reports as instructed.
* Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping.
* All safety and environmental rules are followed including ensuring that that appropriate PPE is worn.
* Learn how to correctly complete service and inspection records for all company plant and vehicles and submit to Plant Manager for scrutiny and filing.
* Utilise tools and equipment correctly and safely. Ensure Spill Kits are deployed and are disposed of safely and effectively back at the yard.
* Ensure waste minimisation including waste segregation and safe disposal.
* Learn how to correctly complete pre delivery plant inspections.
* Give support to the Yard and Stores staff as required.
* Attend Site Induction and work within site rules.
* Work effectively as a member of the Plant Team.
* Timekeeping & Productivity.
* Safe working environment and maintain standards of Health and Safety, Environment and Quality.
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
Personal specifications - essential
* Comfortable communicating with their colleagues
* A logical and organised individual
* Ability to work as part of a team but also on own in initiative when required
* A practical mindset and a desire to problem solve
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Honesty and integrity
* A willingness to learn
Personal specifications - desirable
* Workshop or mechanical experience
* CSCS card
* An understanding of construction plant and tools
* A good level of IT and literacy skills
How to apply
Click here to download the application pack and return the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Adrian.email@example.com