5 months ago
Job ID : 73497BR
Location : United Kingdom - London
United Kingdom - Milton Keynes
* Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding engineering apprenticeship?
* Are you driven to provide excellent customer service?
* Have you an interest in joining a large company that can offer you training and opportunities to develop your career?
As an Apprentice Field Service Engineer, you will provide on-site support to our loyal customers by maintaining, servicing and repairing a range of medical diagnostic instruments. You will ultimately help our customers make the world healthier.
Thermo Fisher Scientific are a world leader in Allergy and Autoimmune diagnostics with our products being used in hospital and private laboratories around the world.
What will you do?
As an Apprentice Field Service Engineer, you will:
* Train as an apprentice service engineer and undertake a structured training program combining field service, workshop and academic study.
* Travel to our customer sites across the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands to provide support to our network of valued customers.
* Attend field service visits to include installation, preventive maintenance and repair of medical diagnostic instruments alongside skilled engineers eventually being able to attend basic service visits unsupervised.
* Develop skills and knowledge around engineering and biotechnology leading to a suitable qualification.
Who we are looking for:experience, skills & abilities?
Thermo Fisher Scientific want to hear from you if you have a:
* Keen interest in engineering or biotechnology
* Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
* Customer focus with good communication skills
* Desire to travel across the UK, Ireland and The Netherlands at short notice
What’s in it for you:
Thermo Fisher Scientific are offering a competitive salary, a company car and a training program that will enable you to progress your career in a multi-national company with revenues in excess of $20billion. You will gain qualifications and develop a range of skills. Most importantly you will be part of a fantastic team and have fun along the way!
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !