5 months ago
Apprentice CAD Modeller / Design Technician - Rail (Level 4) - Birmingham, UK - (BIA000526)
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
We currently have an opportunity for an apprentice within our Rail team based in Birmingham. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
The successful individual will be working towards a Rail Engineering Design Technician Apprenticeship Standard, Level 4 BTEC Diploma in Engineering which leads to Technician Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). This will be taught as a 1 day release which will be assessed by a NCHSR - Birmingham for a duration of 2/3 years with the potential to progress onto subsequent levels including Level 6 on completion.
Working as an Apprentice CAD modeller / design technician providing technical support to engineers who design, build and manage design and construction projects.
The Apprentice CAD modeller / design technician apprentice (whilst at the office) provide support to engineers who design, build and manage construction projects related to the Rail Environment:
On the job training and development:
* At the beginning of the development, initial training would include CAD tutorials.
* Following this the apprentice will commence with the main job role of preparing drawings and models for our design projects, our projects can be a mixture of small to large scale civil engineering design for railway projects, typical projects would include bridges, stations, depots, railway lineside equipment and access routes.
* Drawings and models will be developed using general AutoCAD together with Civils 3D and Bentley MicroStation with AecoSIM for 3D modelling of design
* Other activities will include assisting the fellow team members (engineers and design modeller / technician) in organising surveys, sometimes assisting in carrying out surveys and in day to day tasks such as drawing/data management such as printing, registering and filing
There is the opportunity to go onto further study to enable you to be qualified to degree level and achieve the Chartered Engineer status.
* Good compliment of GCSE or Scottish Standard Grades
* Must include Maths and Physics at A-levels or Scottish Higher level
* Enthusiastic, and keen to learn
* Confident communications skills both spoken and verbal
* Confident IT skills, Experience of using MS office packages; particularly Microsoft Excel
* Strong numeracy skills, competent at Maths and Physics
* Problem solving, attention to detail and a desire to come up with practical solutions
* Creative and Practical
* Adaptable and Persevering
* Interested in using computers for design work, calculations, and testing designs
* CAD experience with the ability to produce neat and accurate technical drawings
* Ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organize projects
* Work well with other people in a team
* Ability to organize the work of others
* Present information in speech, drawings and reports
Closing date: 15th August 2019
Expected Start date: August 2019
Course Enrolment: September 2019
Number of roles: 1
Working week: 9:00am – 6:00pm / 40 hours per week including 1 day a week in college
Office address: 2, Colmore Square, 38 Colmore Circus Queensway, Birmingham B4 6BN
Training provider address: NCHSR - Birmingham
Please ensure you can commute to/from at these locations (both the office and training provider location) during office hours before applying for this opportunity.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Birmingham
: Jul 19, 2019, 11:13:20 AM