about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2021-83147
Work Location :GB-Durham-Darlington
Department / Discipline : Construction
Position Type : Fixed Term
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS AN EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST JOB ROLE
Wood is looking to speak to Appointed Persons Loler Focal Point, who are local to the North East area, for potential work at one of its client sites.
Purpose / Role
Appointed Person – Moving Loads is formally appointed by the Site/Installation Responsible person to:
* Act as the Site/Installation Responsible Persons representative (focal point) for all technical issues relating to lifting and moving loads.
* Provide safe systems of work for all activities associated with lifting and moving loads to ensure that all lifting operations can be carried out efficiently without risk to safety and in accordance with UK Statutory Regulations and the Client/Wood Corporate standards.
* Act as the site/installation focal point for all technical matters relating to the specification, procurement and the Integrity Assurance process of all items of Lifting Equipment on the site/installation.
Key aims and objectives
Ensure that all necessary regimes, standards, processes and procedures for the activities associated with lifting and moving of loads are established and are being suitably applied to provide assurance that all lifting operations are:
* Properly planned by competent people
* Risk assessed;
* Appropriately Supervised;
* Completed within the boundaries of a safe system of work
* Ensure Lifting Equipment is correctly specified and regularly inspected to ensure it continues to be fit--******for purpose
Prime responsibilities and duties
Responsible to the OIM/Site Construction Manager for providing the assurance through technical audit that the management, control and execution of lifting operations are in compliance with the UK Statutory Regulations, the Clients Lifting Standards and procedures, and where applicable, the Wood Corporate Lifting standards.
* Accountable for Safety and implementing Our Beyond Zero Standards, Our Safety Leadership expectations and our Engagement tools.
* Lifting operations are being undertaken within a safe system of work e.g. properly planned, risk assessed, appropriately supervised and carried out in a safe manner by competent personnel.
* Provide technical guidance and support to the offshore Rigging teams to ensure all lifting operations are implemented safely and efficiently and in accordance with LOLER and BS7121 Parts 1, 2,11 and any other applicable project specific lifting standards.
* Custodian for the management of change process for lift plans, ensuring all changes to lift plans are formally documented, evaluated and where applicable endorsed by the appropriate technical authority(s). All changes to lift plan must be endorsed by the Appointed Person.
* Review and endorse all lift plans developed by the site/installation rigging function and those of Wood’s 3rd party contractors and Specialist Vendors.
* Ensure that the technical integrity of all lifting equipment used on the site/installation is continually assured thorough the performance of regular lifting equipment inspections are carried out in accordance with the requirements of LOLER and where applicable, the Assets Written Scheme of Examination (WSE)
Skills / Qualifications
* Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
* CPCS A61 Appointed Person (Blue Card)
* ECITB Moving Loads Appiinted Person stage 3/4
* NVQ level 3
* A40 slinger/signaller
* Lifting Equipment Inspection
* Rigging Loft Management
* Wood Mandatory training (Induction, RA, etc)
* Managing Working at Height
* Harness training
* CCNSG Safety Passport
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.