9 months ago
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
In the Human Performance group we are looking for psychology graduates to join our 80+ strong multidisciplinary team. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to a broad range of research and consultancy projects for defence and security. These projects will likely span a number of areas, including human factors engineering, usability, human cognition, command and control, cyber, and behaviour change.
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of military equipment and vehicles to meet the needs of the end-user
- Cutting edge research into understanding and influencing human behaviour
- Assessing cyber vulnerabilities of important systems
- Conducting trials in the UK and internationally
- Supporting the protection of critical national infrastructure
- Contributing to some of most challenging, high profile science and technology programmes in the UK and overseas.
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a wide range of military, government and commercial customers
- Determine the best way for our customers to exploit novel and emerging technologies
- Be part of a two year graduate programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain, a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Hold full British Citizenship
It would be desirable that you have skills, qualifications (including degree modules), or experience in one or more of the following areas:
Human Factors / Ergonomics
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!