12 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to take an active part in the IoT revolution? Do you like solving complex problems?
Join the Arm application engineering team to be at the heart of the action.
Our groundbreaking technologies are at the forefront of the Internet of Things (IoT). We trust that every device can be connected, with no compromise on quality, security, or privacy. We are well on our way to connecting a trillion devices, underpinning Arm’s vision and position as a market leader in this space.
As part of the application engineering team in Cambridge (UK) you will be joining an exciting team responsible for enabling and supporting customers designing with Arm technology.
We are seeking software engineers who are passionate about and dedicated to delivering high-quality technical support to our customers.
By tackling the challenge of this role:
* You will link the knowledge and expertise of several engineering teams to become an expert passionate about all ARM’s Secure Identity
* Products including software and hardware integration for eSIM/iSIM and SoftSIM form factors.
* You will deliver excellent customer experience by seeking to understand customer needs and striving to achieve matching solutions.
* You will create and deliver training on Arm’s Secure Identity products to both external and internal partners.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
* Experience with software/hardware development and testing
* Understanding of hardware, firmware, assembler development
* Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new technologies
* Experience working with customers to solve technical problems or other customer facing experience
* Ability to travel internationally
* Experience of Java programming (Object Oriented Programming)
* Experience with versioning systems, such as Git, svn
* SIM/USIM/eUICC knowledge
* Experience of SMPP and SMS system
* Experience of running Verilog simulation
* Waveform debug or logic analyser experience
* Experience with smart card or embedded systems technologies
The minimum requirements will include:
* BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
* A genuine real passion for technology, actively following new technologies and trends
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Fluency in both written and oral English
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road